A Journey of Running - One Step At A Time

Follow my life as I embark on the exciting journey of running, racing, and finding my true potential.

Friday 25 March 2011

Guess Who's Getting Older?


My birthday is in about 12 days, and you better believe I succumbed to making a wishlist.

I used to go out and celebrate with friends in pubs, restaurants, bars, yet now all I crave is a stress-free day with a sweet long run (running with my partner [we'll call him "A"] would be even better! Although he got an injury last year while running, I hope he gets better soon enough to run with me!) a latte, and perhaps a bath.

While you're busy thinking "Kat, are you really that humble? Is a latte and a bath all you really want?! You are so simplistic!", yes there are a few gift indulgences that I do crave and would love to have. Like really badly. Really really badly. And so I've decided to put the top 3 things that I would love to have on my birthday (whether I get them or not is another story, but a girl can dream!)

#1: Garmin Forerunner 301/305/405


There's just something about a Garmin Forerunner that says you've 'arrived' as a runner. At least in my opinion. It screams that you're serious about the sport that you call yours; that it's not just a slow, brisk run that you're doing, but a fully calculated and meticulous plan that you're following with every step you take. Sure, I may not run that many miles a week right now, but I definitely look forward to picking up the mileage especially when I start training for my half-marathon in May, and I think the Garmin will help me get out there more often as well. I will definitely need a Garmin to help record all my stats, paces, and routes, as well as keep track of my heart rate. The Garmin comes handy and helps calculate all the work for you (and I'm aaaaall about that! lol).
Price Tag: Between $130-$350, with newer models priced considerably higher.


#2: Bosch Tassimo Coffee Machine (Pink ofcourse!)

Seriously, I don't even know how to respond to "How do you not have a coffee maker if you're an avid coffee drinker?". Seriously, I'm ashamed. I looooooove coffee. I could marry coffee if I could (in fact, I just might). However, as a broke student (I love using that excuse lol) I just always use instant coffee. Well, I am raising my standards! When I had breakfast my good friend Vanessa this week after our weekly run, I noticed she had a sweet coffee machine (Tassimo) and the shock hit me that I don't have a coffee machine. Alas, I decided to put this on my wishlist!

Now the only drawbacks with the Tassimo coffee machine, is the fact that you have to buy individual packets for every cup of coffee you make. I'm all about value and saving, so I don't know if this will sit well with my 2 cup quota per day (see broke student example above), however it is a beauty of all proportions! And get this, IT COMES IN PINK! I think I may just have to compromise with the whole quota thing, because a pink coffee machine = good in my books!
Pink Tassimo Coffee Machine

Price Tag: Between $130-$180



#3: Coach Kristin Leather Hobo/Op Art Hobo Handbag


Aside from being athletic, I'm also quite the feminine (I truly don't want to use the term 'girly girl' lol) woman who loves clothes, shopping, and yes you said it: handbags! I just can't help myself! So it seems appropriate that I've wanted this bag since November. It's just a beauty (you men won't understand) that can carry me through my personal life and professional life. To help land me a great job after I finish university (like I said, a girl can dream right?!). It's a beautifully crafted leather handbag from Coach, and it's just beautiful. That's it. That's all there is to know. I've swayed my mother into getting this for me (along with my step-dad) and can't wait to have this baby in my hands!


Price Tag: I don't even want to divulge the info, it's quite pricey for a bag and my partner already thinks I'm crazy lol.


Now before you think I'm superficial and crazy, the first and only thing I want in life and on my birthday is health. Staying healthy for myself, my family staying healthy (including my fantastic grandparents that are entering their 70's) and my loving partner (who quit smoking almost a year ago!) and my friends. Without health, we have nothing. As someone who had health problems back in 2007 until 2009, I don't take my health for granted. It's the only thing we have, and that we should all cherish every single day.

I'm excited to celebrate my birthday, and hope everyone this year has a fantastic and healthy birthday as well!

Happy Running!
- K

7 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday wishes you youngin you. As for your wish list 1 Garmin you'll love it. 2 Tassimo - had one got rid of it too expensive. If your heart is set on it then go for it.
    3 handbag - As a guy I say whatever, Why carry all that extra stuff any way.

    Health and family number one as you mentioned. Keep those strong without them we are all doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the Tassimo makes yummy coffee but I don't think I could get one for myself. The eco-hippie part of me would feel too guilty throwing out a hunk of plastic with every cup :P

    Have an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Garmin now has the 410 out. It irons out the issues with the 405 (namely that it goes wonky in the rain unless you lock the bezel)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. Garmin is high on mine too; hopefully, I'll pick one up in the summer.
    Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Will, thanks so much, you are quite right :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Cynthia & Dana, thank you so much! I hope it goes well, and yes its a pretty crazy list I conjured up lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mike, yes I heard the 410 is a fantastic new model. But unfortuantely, its quite pricey (about $350 I believe?) The only thing I truly care about in terms of the Garmin is the waterproof capacity, distance/pace, and aesthetics really which just varies with each model :) I think I really like the 301/305/405, they seem really streamlined and nice looking lol :)

    ReplyDelete