A Journey of Running - One Step At A Time

Follow my life as I embark on the exciting journey of running, racing, and finding my true potential.

Monday 30 May 2011

Finding Solace

I've been away for so long, I know guys. I haven't ran in forever it seems like. I don't know where my spark has gone, and I can't pin point if it has been due to over training or another burnout. I feel no urge to go and run, and I feel that I'm overwhelmed and stressed out in other areas of my life like school and work. I know that running will help ease the stress and emotions that I've been feeling lately, and I plan on getting out there again and making you all proud. My Daily Mile profile says I haven't ran in 2 weeks (!) which is insane because it feels like an eternity. Things aren't going as best as they can right now in my life, I won't lie. I have challenges and pressures set before me and I feel like I'm crumbling.

I've put running on the back burner because I have such high expectations with my results, and I have recently started goal-setting at my current job which showcased all that I want to do (health and sport wise). The looming feeling of achieving these tasks really overwhelmed me (to name a few, qualifying for Boston, and completing an Ironman). It's time to re-evaluate why I love running and to harness the love I get from running, instead of trying to force PR's and catching up to the big guys.

I'm still here, sitting and waiting for the words to come to me; to make you guys proud and never give up. Here's to getting back on the track, on finding solace in running again.

Hope you guys didn't forget about me,
Happy Running :)

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat. I will be taking some time away from running to focus on cycling, and paddling. I hope you get back in the groove soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat life can be tough. We all experience those times. Run for fun and forget the goals for right now. Run for the enjoyment of it. Nothing more or less. Then when you are ready resume with some small goals and then push on for bigger and better ones.

    ReplyDelete