A Journey of Running - One Step At A Time

Follow my life as I embark on the exciting journey of running, racing, and finding my true potential.

Saturday 18 June 2011

Summer Updates

With summer underway, half-marathon training will begin in a week! I'm still in the process of perfecting the training plan and customizing it, but I am so excited to begin and get this show on the road! I still work full-time, so time is very limited but I know I have to make room for my solace runs (as I like to call them anyway).

Some other awesome news: Toronto Marathon registration has officially opened up! As soon as I finish the half, I will begin training for the full which is in May 2012. Exciting exciting!

I really noticed what a difference it is training and running in hot weather compared to cool and cold weather. I feel myself getting more slow and tired during runs in the heat, and have to start leaving earlier to get more mileage in. This is a great workout though, so I can't complain.

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far, and great runs as well!

How's your training going? What are you guys training for? :)

Happy Running!
- Kat

1 comment:

  1. be careful in the heat. I'm not really training for anything right now since my kayak race was cancelled because of flooding.

    ReplyDelete